We’re trying to make permitting and plan review easier for you and safer for our community in the midst of the coronavirus crisis. We have some updates as City Hall is now closed to the public:
- Effective March 26, 2020: Virtual inspections will be the only building-related inspections available until further notice. Find out more.
- A drop off/pick up box for large-scale building plans is located in the City Hall entrance closest to the railroad tracks. Please call us at 703-257-8278 if you drop a plan off.
- Electronic submission of plans up to 11 x 17 inches will be accepted.
- Third party building inspections will be accepted from an approved list of inspectors.
- Building and site plan review are ongoing.
Temporary Outdoor Dining Permits
- Private Property - Restaurants that operate on their own private property, or have access to common areas in retail centers and do not intend to use public sidewalks and streets should email email@example.com with a request to set up an outdoor area and include the following information. There is no fee for this permit.
- If you need a temporary outdoor dining permit please email us the following information:
1. Property address
2. Seating capacity and copy of existing certificate of occupancy (jpeg or pdf file). If a business does not have a copy please indicate in the email.
3. Hours of operation
4. Proposed safety measures to delineate the area (fence, cones, etc.)
5. Drawing/map of outdoor area footprint (can be drawn on a google aerial map, section of site plan, etc.)
6. Proof of property owner approval in writing (letter or email)
If a business has questions regarding this information they can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the permit office at 703-257-8278. Businesses that want to use public streets and sidewalks should contact the permit office first. Any restaurant that serves alcohol and intends to do so outside of a previously approved footprint must also contact the VA ABC to obtain permission for extending the limits of an existing ABC permit. VA ABC has already issued guidelines for these uses and is making it easy for businesses to comply with the law.
- Please email email@example.com or call us at 703-257-8278. We’re here to help.
- Permitting self service is available. Please note: We have completed a system upgrade and have a new link to online permitting. Please update your bookmarks. You may now check the status of building permits and plan reviews; pay permit fees; and verify the status of inspections. Find Out More
The mission of the Department of Community Development is to maintain a high quality of life for Manassas residents and businesses through sound land use planning, code enforcement, stewardship of parks, cultural and recreational resources, and education. The office shall also strive to strengthen the local tax base through existing business retention and expansion and new business attraction.