City Business Changes During Pandemic
The City of Manassas has a text feature for folks to stay informed during this health emergency.
Simply text the word CityHealth (all one word) to 888-777 to sign up for alerts.
City Buildings Remain Closed Until Further Notice
Permits and Plan Review
- Effective March 26, 2020: Virtual inspections will be the only building-related inspections available until further notice. Find out more.
- A drop off/pick up box for large-scale building plans is located in the City Hall entrance closest to the railroad tracks. Please call us at 703-257-8278 if you drop a plan off.
- Electronic submission of plans up to 11 x 17 inches will be accepted.
- Third party building inspections will be accepted from an approved list of inspectors.
- Building and site plan review are ongoing.
Temporary Outdoor Dining Permits
- Private Property - Restaurants that operate on their own private property, or have access to common areas in retail centers and do not intend to use public sidewalks and streets should email email@example.com with a request to set up an outdoor area and include the following information. There is no fee for this permit.
- If you need a temporary outdoor dining permit please email us the following information:
1. Property address
2. Seating capacity and copy of existing certificate of occupancy (jpeg or pdf file). If a business does not have a copy please indicate in the email.
3. Hours of operation
4. Proposed safety measures to delineate the area (fence, cones, etc.)
5. Drawing/map of outdoor area footprint (can be drawn on a google aerial map, section of site plan, etc.)
6. Proof of property owner approval in writing (letter or email)
If a business has questions regarding this information they can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the permit office at 703-257-8278. Businesses that want to use public streets and sidewalks should contact the permit office first. Any restaurant that serves alcohol and intends to do so outside of a previously approved footprint must also contact the VA ABC to obtain permission for extending the limits of an existing ABC permit. VA ABC has already issued guidelines for these uses and is making it easy for businesses to comply with the law.
- Please email email@example.com or call us at 703-257-8278. We’re here to help.
Online permit system - https://energovcss.manassasva.gov/EnerGovProd/SelfService#/home allows you to check the status of building permits and plan reviews, pay permit fees, schedule building/trade inspections, and verify the status of inspections.
If you live in a parking district and need a permit email your registration to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified that a bill has been created and you may go online to pay. A parking permit will be mailed to you.
Paying Your Utility Bills
- Online: www.manassascity.org/paymybill
- Phone: (844) 278-9120
- Direct Debit (contact customer service 703-257-8245)
- Dropbox for checks or money orders at 8500 Public Works Drive
Problem paying your bill? Call 703-257-8245. We are here to help!
Payments to the Treasurer
- Dropbox outside the Treasurer’s office to pay your bill
- Pay Online - www.manassascity.org/paymybill.
- Unsure of the amount? Call 703-257-8242.
Manassas City Police Department
To help promote safety and wellness for all, the Manassas City Police Department encourages members of the community to call our non-emergency line at (703) 257-8000 for all non-emergency requests for assistance. Calling first, rather than visiting our headquarters lobby, allows our staff to address citizen’s needs while respecting social distancing recommendations established by the Centers for Disease Control. Out of an abundance of caution, we will be suspending fingerprint services until further notice.
Be Considerate of our Trash Team. LIMIT the Amount of Recycling You Put to the Curb. Curbside pickup of trash & recycling is still on schedule, but the following have been paused until further notice:
- Bulk waste/large item collections
- Television and computer monitor collections
- Courtesy Truck rentals
- Household Hazardous Waste, Electronic and Shredding Drop-off Events
The City of Manassas is working closely with our contractors to monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure the safety of the public and of the staff working to perform collection and disposal services for our residents.