2019 Bike Week Events
Join us for Bike to Work Week!
- April 20th - Bike Day at the Manassas Farmers Market (8:00 am – 1:00 pm):
Learn More about Bike to Work Day, see first-hand how to load your bike on a bus & Donate a Bike Event. In an effort to be inclusive and make biking to work and for fun an option for as many people in the community as possible, we will be holding a Bike Exchange on Saturday, May 20th at the Manassas Farmers Market. Our goal for this year is to have between 20-30 adult bikes donated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate a bike to those in need. Bikes can be dropped off at the Manassas Farmers Market on May 20th and will be picked up by SERVE and ACTS at the close of the Market and given to those in need.
- April 24th - Bike to Mason Day – GMU SciTech Campus Colgan Front Patio (10:00 am – 2:00 pm):
- May 2nd - Commuter Bike Riding Class at the PWC Government Centers McCoart Building (6:00-8:00 pm):
Rick Holt will hold a Commuter Bike Class in the county McCoart Bldg, Powell’s Creek Room A & B on May 2. The room is reserved from 6-8 PM. Contact Rick Holt at email@example.com for more details.
- May 11-16 - Bike Week Community Rides:
- A 6 mile Donut Ride is scheduled on May 11 leaving from Duck Donuts at 8 AM along the Linton Hall multiuse path to the Starbucks at Atlas Walk in Gainesville and returning to Duck Donuts by approximately 10 AM. Contact Rick Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- The Mid-Atlantic Outdoor Regional Enthusiast (MORE) group will be hosting a mountain bike ride at Conway Robinson Park on May 14 at 6:30 pm. They can be reached at email@example.com.
- The Manassas Ride of Silence will honor fallen and injured cyclists and educate the community about bicycle safety. The slow-paced 5-mile ride starts at Hastings Marketplace on May 15 at 7 p.m. Visit https://www.facebook.com/events/2302261096501429/ for more information.
- A Tour d’Ecoles (Tour of Schools) 11 mile bike ride is scheduled in Manassas on May 16th starting at 6:30 pm from the Harris Pavilion (Center & West Streets in downtown Manassas). Contact Allen Muchnick at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- May 17 - Bike to Work Day: Register at http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org