Comprehensive Plan Update
The City of Manassas is updating its Comprehensive Plan – the City’s key policy document for land use, development, preservation and related economic and social issues. As part of this update, the City will also be completing its first Transportation Master Plan to guide future transportation investments and improve mobility in the City.
Thanks for sharing your voices with us! The Community Engagement portion of the Comprehensive Plan Update included two phases of Community Conversations meetings, pop-up events, HOA meetings, and an online engagement tool, Let's Talk Manassas. All these activities aimed to learn more about the priorities of our citizens and to define a community-driven vision for the future.
Results from Community Conversations events, the Let's Talk Manassas website, and the 2018 Citizen Satisfaction Survey will be used to develop the City’s long-range planning documents through 2019 and in the future. Read the Community Conversations reports:
The Planning Commission's Comprehensive Plan Committee will meet on the following dates and locations at 6 p.m. Agendas will be published on the Friday before each meeting. See the agendas.
- January 30--Organizational Meeting (City Hall 2nd Floor Conference Room)
- February 13--Key Issues & Goal Statements (Public Works Conference Room)
- February 27--Land Use (City Hall 2nd Floor Conference Room)
- March 6--Downtown Land Use & Character (City Hall 2nd Floor Conference Room)
- March 20--Land Use & Map Changes (Manassas Museum Conference Room)
- March 27--Housing (Manassas Museum Conference Room)
- April 10--Transportation (City Council Chambers)
- April 24--Transportation and Land Use (Mathis area) (City Hall 2nd Floor Conference Room)
- May 1--Economic Development (Manassas Museum Conference Room) JUST ADDED
- May 8--Community Facilities (Manassas Airport Conference Room)
- May 22--Parks, Culture & Recreation/Environment & Health (City Hall 2nd Floor Conference Room)
- June 5--Land Use (City Hall 2nd Floor Conference Room)
- June 12--Additional Meeting (Manassas Airport Conference Room)
- June 26--Vision Summit, 7 PM, Boys & Girls Club
All meetings are open to the public, and citizens may address the committee for up to three minutes each, unless additional time is requested and approved by the chairperson prior to the meeting. Citizens may also submit comments via this link:
Overview of the Comprehensive Plan Update process
Both the Citizen Survey and Community Conversations are complete:
Hear about the Comprehensive Plan Update process with Planning & Zoning Manager Matt Arcieri on Comcast Newsmakers: