|Contact Social Services
Social Services Director - Ron King
9324 West Street
Manassas, VA 20110
Eligibility Fax: 703-361-6933
Services Fax: 703-361-9506
Admin & Housing Fax: 571-921-8806
Department of Social Services Advisory Board
Hours of Operation
Lobby - Monday, Tue, Thur. & Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Office - Monday, Tue. Thur. & Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesdays- Lobby & Office open at 10:15 a.m.
The City of Manassas Department of Social Services strives to provide opportunities which promote the stability, self-sufficiency and well being of its residents by:
- Assisting with basic needs
- Protecting children
- Providing information and referrals to community resources
Public Assistance Programs
- You may apply on-line from any location that has internet access. Most programs will require an interview.
- Screening is done daily for emergency food stamp cases
New Magi Adults (Medicaid Expansion)
er 1, 2018
- The local department is one of five application paths: Additional application paths include:
VDSS Enterprise Call Center (1-855-635-4370);
The Marketplace (healthcare.gov); and
- Coverage begin date is January 1 and in general is for:
Adults age 19-64, not Medicare eligible;
Income from 0% to 138% FPL
- Governors Access Plan (GAP) and Planned First (PF) individuals (less than 138%) will be automatically enrolled (letters have already been mailed to GAP, letters will be mailed to PF to inform them of coverage)
- SNAP and Parents of Children will be contacted to inform them that they may now be eligible for health coverage. They must either:
Call CoverVA Call Center to complete process;
Complete process via CommonHelp.
- For additional information including questions about coverage, go to www.coverva.org or call 1-855-242-8282. Individuals who are deaf or hearing impaired can call 1-888-221-1590.