Human Resources Director
|Darla J. Hicks joined the City of Manassas in August 2012 to lead the Human Resources and Risk Management divisions. The Human Resources Division is responsible for recruiting a qualified and diverse workforce, retaining the City workforce through a responsive, and interactive employee relations program and administering the City’s employee benefits program. The Risk Management Division assesses the City’s exposure to risk and potential financial loss, identifies hazards and problematic operations, coordinates insurance coverages for the City, and implements a number of risk management efforts (e.g. insurance policies, safety training, accident investigation, claims/injury management, etc.) to ensure the City’s interests are protected while providing a safe work environment for our employees. Darla also serves as liaison to the City Council Personnel Committee for matters related to personnel policies and practices.
Darla holds Senior Certified Professional designations from the International Public Management Association for Human Resources and the Society for Human Resource Management. Prior to joining the City, she served as the Human Resources Manager for the County of New Kent, and has more than 20 years of experience in local government.
- Longwood University
- IPMA-HR Senior Certified Professional (IPMA-SCP)
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Int’l Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR)
- Int’l Public Management Association for Human Resources, Virginia Chapter (IPMA-VA)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- Local Government Personnel Association (LGPA)